There is a nasty flue going around, many of my patients had it. You can greatly increase your chances of staying healthy throughout the flu season by adopting these simple practices.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. In case you are sick, be mindful that you might place germs on anything you touch from doors to faucets.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If this is not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you are sure that your hands are clean. Germs are spread this way. This especially holds true for public places/transport. Tissues can be of great help here.
2) Choose your foods for optimal nutrition
- A diet of processed foods is not what the body demands for a strong immune system. Choose nutrient-dense, colorful, whole foods for immune system vitality. Go easy on sugar.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Avoid or reduce stimulants like coffee and sodas. They only tire out your body in the long run. Adequate amounts of fresh, pure water can work magic.
3) Don’t worry, be happy
- Stress reduction and a positive attitude will give your body, mind, and spirit a boost similar to what spinach does for Popeye.
- A healthy amount of regular exercise will not only help you stay positive and fit, it also helps you fight off the bugs.