We wanted to update you on the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team safe and healthy:
- There will be a modified schedule to ensure social distancing in our office, which will limit the number of patients that can be seen in a day and appointment availability.
- Please be flexible with scheduling due to the limited amount of appointments available per day, so that we can get you in as soon as possible and your treatment back on track.
- We request that you arrive on time or even early to accommodate our new check-in process. We will need additional time to properly disinfect our office between patients, adhere to social distancing, and follow our new protocols, so patients that are running late may need to be rescheduled.
NEW IN-OFFICE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE AND PROCESS
- First of all, we are asking everyone to apply common sense. If you feel sick or know you have been exposed to someone with COVID, please let us know immediately and we will reschedule your appointment.
- After your appointment has been scheduled, you and will be required to complete your virtual check-in and fill out our Patient Wellness Survey. Patients that have answered questions indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs or symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule. We can not allow anyone with symptoms for in-person appointments. We will reschedule your appointment after the specific self-quarantine requirement.
PRIOR TO ENTERING THE OFFICE
- Please bring your mask or face covering when you enter the office. If you do not have your own, we will provide one. Please keep in mind the decreased availability and high demand for personal protective equipment for our team members.
- Only patients with scheduled appointments will be permitted to enter the office.
- For our younger patients, only one guardian, parent, or caregiver may enter with the patient and remain in the lobby. All other guests must remain outside.
UPON ENTERING THE OFFICE
- Your temperature will be taken with a simple, touch-less digital screen thermometer. Any patient with a temperature over 100°F will be asked to leave, self-quarantine, and reschedule.
- We will also measure your blood-oxygen levels with a simple, sterile device that clips to your index finger.
- After your temperature has been cleared, be prepared to use hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
- Please find a seat in our spacious lobby and maintain the 6-foot social distancing guidelines. Our premises are all well ventilated. Chairs will be arranged to observe distancing. We have two armchairs and one large couch in our large lobby. We can accommodate one patient in each armchair and one patient at each end of the couch while adhering to 6-foot social distancing guidelines. We also have additional standing room. We are committed to a very efficient patient flow though, so the accumulation of patients in the waiting area should be very much avoidable and kept to a minimum.
- All surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected according to CDC and OSHA guidelines. Hand sanitizer will be available to you. Please notify us immediately in case you have a hard time locating it.
- Our treatment rooms are all well ventilated and our building has modified our HVAC system to accommodate new requirements during this pandemic.
- All treatment rooms are cleaned after each patient. Please allow for an additional 5 minutes for us to be able to change sheets after each patient.
SCHEDULING YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT
- Patients are able to make their appointment in-office; however, if there are concerns about patient capacity or social distancing, we will note your preferences and contact you over the phone, email, or via text.
- Our new check-out process also involves emailing your next appointment based on previous preferences, which is easy and efficient.
- Most importantly, please be flexible with scheduling due to the limited appointments and modified schedule.
TEAM HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All doctors and team members will proceed with a daily temperature check immediately upon arrival at work. Any team member with a temperature above 100°F will be asked to leave and self-quarantine.
- Every team member will respond to a daily health and wellness questionnaire prior to entering the office. If any questions answered indicate recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs or symptoms of COVID-19, the team member will be asked to leave and self-quarantine.
- Most importantly, apply common sense and play it safe.